Monday, June 8, 2015

Masterpiece Academy Question

Laflin 1
Aaron Laflin

Dr. Preston

AP English

8 June 2015
A Process

    Trust is deserved, earned, and honored. I Believe that this is what was displayed in Open Source Learning. As soon as we walked in the door on the first day of school I felt we deserved trust because of the simple fact that we made it to AP English as a senior in high school. Once we established ourselves prestined colleagues that is when we earned an even high level of trust. The ending, or honoring the trust, was delayed until after we completed our masterpiece.
    “The lie that tells the truth,” is a pathway for fiction to tell the truth. Basically, the lie is the made up elements of the storyline. The truth in it is the message that is hidden beneath the lie. The best author to display this is C.S. Lewis. Through works like The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, he conveys these truths beneath the lies which makes him even more creative. A lot of C.S. Lewis is done through spiritual aspects which I can relate to with my faith.
    I believe to be able to re/connect with a passion that drives you is to do just that. You should be motivated enough just because it is your passion. If you aren’t motivated it's just not a passion. Its as simple as that. To continue, I just have to keep focusing on the path that I have created so it can lead me to my destination.
    One thing that made me laugh out loud was actually Miles’ masterpiece. He had a video that showed how awkward some greetings with people can be. His piece was purposefully satirical, but true at the same time. This is what made it sink in deep with me personally. Another thing that contributed to me laughing out loud was the way he presented it. Also, the fact that he was the actor in this video made it even funnier.
    This isn’t exactly a theme through each others masterpiece, but it is the way people have presented it. Almost everyone, especially the great presentations, latched on to inspiration. The way it is presented is far more appealing than the actual content (to me at least). Inspiration can be found everywhere and anywhere. That's the beauty in it. Recently, Stevie talked about her inspiration coming from her own experiences and Siera's was from a powerful video. Both were completely different forms of inspiration, but conveyed a strong message at the same time.
    I know I completed my task of becoming a hero in a hero's journey. The call to adventure was given to me the first day of class, but it took me a second to actually respond. I sprung into action probably midway through the first semester. Once this semester hit I was off and running and then I capitalized at the end with my masterpiece. I believed the process has brought me out a little more enlightened than of the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment